Saturday, May 5, 2012

Why We Hate Howard Schultz

Ever since the Sonics left Seattle, I've boycotted Starbucks and have refused to get anything from there. At times, though, I've wondered if I've been a little over dramatic. I've told people about how bad of a person Schultz is, but could he really be that bad just because he sold a basketball team?

Well, my hatred was justified. I was perusing the Seattle PI, and they came upon this article from Deadspin, written by a former employee in the Sonic organization. It's a little lengthy, but very well worth the read. It gives a behind the scene looks at what happened during those final Sonic years, and shows the character of Schultz.

http://deadspin.com/5907371/howard-schultz-gave-out-350-starbucks-gift-cards-an-insiders-notes-on-the-shabby-death-of-the-seattle-supersonics

No comments:

Post a Comment