Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sonics-related News

Sonicsgate


On Friday, the hit (at least among Seattle basketball fans) documentary about the Seattle SuperSonics being stolen from Seattle made its debut on national television. While I didn't watch it, I have watched it before, and it truly is an informative and important video in Sonics history. It airs again tonight at 7 PM on CNBC, and I really recommend watching it, but for those who can't catch, here's a link to the director's cut on the sonicsgate website.
http://sonicsgate.org/movie/

Sacramento Arena Deal

Well, for those hoping that Seattle might get a new NBA team via the Kings, things are kind of looking up. Published on Saturday, here's news directly from the Sacramento Bees saying that little progress has been made in getting an arena deal for the Kings. Personally, I hope Sacramento and the Kings eventually work something out, because I don't want them to go through what Seattle had to go through only a few years ago.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/28/4449510/city-may-get-new-arena-but-it.html

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Dallas Mavericks


When I came back from dinner last night, I looked on my computer and saw that Game 1 between OKC and Dallas was tied 96-96. I expected OKC to win the series, but seeing Dallas possibly taking Game 1 and stealing home-court advantage got my hopes up. Unfortunately, Durant made the game-winning shot with 1.5 seconds to go, and OKC ends up the winner. Bummer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320428025

No comments:

Post a Comment